As a Clean Energy Policy Intern for CRES Forum, you will conduct policy research and analysis and have the opportunity to monitor hearings and press conferences on Capitol Hill and at the White House. You may also attend conferences and seminars, document events and develop content for social media, assist with grassroots events and mobilization efforts, assist with blog development and postings, in addition to providing general office support to the staff.
This is a paid internship and will result in a significant professional learning experience in Washington, DC public affairs as well as important career contacts. Work hours are flexible based on availability but a 35-40-hour work week is ideal.
About CRES Forum
- Work independently and/or with supervision to conduct consistent, high-quality research and analysis
- Analyze and interpret information, including polling data, to reach meaningful conclusions and recommendations for inclusion in clearly written, concise reports
- Assist with social media by developing content
- Develop content for digital media
- Represent CRES Forum at events, luncheons, briefings, and hearings.
- Some college coursework in political science, energy policy, or related fields
- Undergraduate degree in energy efficiency, energy policy, sustainability, political science, or related fields
- Interest in and a strong commitment to free market ideas and public policy as it relates to clean energy
- Good sense of humor and enjoys working with a team of dedicated colleagues
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously, including setting priorities and adapting to changes in a time-sensitive workplace
- Initiative and ability to self-direct on assignments
- Excellent writing, communication, and critical thinking skills
- Organizational, detail-oriented skills
- Advanced skills in MS Office applications, including Word and Excel
- Experience with literature reviews analyzing and interpreting data
- Experience in energy policy
Location and Transportation
We are conveniently located on Pennsylvania Avenue, right off the Naval Memorial/Archives (Green and Yellow) and Gallery Place Chinatown (Red) metro stops.
Contact: Applications taken on a rolling basis. For more information or to apply please email with the subject “CRES Forum Internship Application” a writing sample, resume and three recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org.