CRES Forum is Hiring: Director of Climate Policy
Citizens for Responsible Energy Solutions (CRES) Forum is a right-of-center 501(c)(3) non-profit advocacy organization based in Washington, DC, that engages policymakers and the public about responsible, conservative solutions to address our nation’s energy, economic, and environmental security while increasing America’s competitive edge.
CRES Forum is seeking an experienced conservative policy professional based in Washington, DC. The ideal candidate will have at least eight years of experience analyzing energy and environmental policy as well as developing policies with a goal of reducing emissions. This position will report to the Vice President of Policy and Advocacy and will work cross functionally to support the CRES/ CRES Forum mission.
- Draft and publish research, white papers, and other written material on key policy areas to advance conservative climate policy, including but not limited to NEPA reform, reform of tax credits, reciprocated international action, innovation policy, and avoiding central planning biases.
- Conduct and advise ad hoc research needed to support the development and advancement of new legislation and policies to address complex energy and climate change issues. Priority areas include, but are not limited to innovation, international trade, tax credits/incentives, and reducing greenhouse gases from the transportation, electric power, and heavy-industry sectors.
- Work with the CRES senior team to provide real-time policy recommendations and analysis to advance conservative climate policy.
- Work collaboratively with fellow staff members to monitor federal and state policy and quickly respond to legislative and regulatory proposals, inquiries from allies, and other rapid response opportunities, to develop the organization’s position and case to external stakeholders.
- Provide policy guidance to further the organization’s mission to relevant House and Senate committee staff, Congressional offices, and stakeholder and constituent groups, and with the Administration, and its relevant agencies on energy and environmental policy.
- Represent the organization on policy matters at external events and speaking opportunities.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Belief of conservative principles to include limited government, competition, and free markets.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree and at least eight years of relevant experience in clean energy, climate, and environmental policy, or a master’s degree and at least four years of relevant experience.
- Extensive policy analysis and writing skills.
- Ability to produce compelling content and collateral for key audiences.
- Some Capitol Hill experience and knowledge of the legislative process.
- Clear, concise, and engaging written and oral communications skills, an entrepreneurial and self-starting attitude, strong attention to detail, creativity, and a team player.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex projects with numerous team members in a fast-paced working environment and a high capacity for working collaboratively across multiple programs.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, establish, and maintain priorities with and among high-performing teams with ambitious goals and competing demands.
- Comprehensive medical & dental, vision, fully paid for employee
- Generous paid time off
- Four weeks paid parental leave
- 7 Federal Holidays plus 2 floating holidays
- Week off between December 25 and January 1
- Matching 401k
- Fully paid short- and long-term disability premiums
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Commuting or parking stipend provided
- Professional development stipend
- Annual bonuses and year-end bonus have been historically awarded
- Gym availability in office building
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please use “Director of Climate Policy” as the subject line for your e-mail. We review applications on a rolling basis, so it is to your advantage to apply as soon as possible.
CRES Forum is an equal opportunity employer. A background check is required before a formal offer is made to any candidate.